Friday, September 7, 2007

My Pick For Games of Interest

A C in () means I think they will cover.

Nebraska (-8) at Wake Forest: Nebraska (C)

Miami at Oklahoma (-10.5): Oklahoma (C)

Alabama (-3.5) at Vanderbilt: This one is too close to call, but don't be surprised if Vandy pulls it out. Vandy returns 21 starters and the stadium will be full for Saban. This Vandy team is good enough to go bowling.

Boise State (-3) at Washington: Washington (C). I really think Ty Willingham may have the Huskies back to competitive.

Oregon at Michigan (-7): Oregon (C). I know everyone is saying Michigan will be focused, but they should always be focused and Oregon runs the same spread offense that App. State and The Ohio State University used to defeat it.

South Carolina at Georgia (-3.5): Georgia. Georgia finally looks like Georgia and is playing at home. Spurrier says he may have overrated this team. I think he is right.

Missouri (-5.5) at Ole Miss: Missouri. Missouri sure looked good last week.
I don't know if they will cover.

Notre Dame at Penn State (-17): Penn State and it won't be close.

BYU at UCLA: UCLA. Don't know if they will cover. These teams could both be really good.

TCU at Texas (-8.5): TCU (C).

Mississippi State (-6) at Tulane: Miss. St. (C) Everyone says how much Miss. State sucked last week. I think LSU is that good. I saw a Miss. St. team with a good offensive line, a good running back, and a good-as-advertised defense. They have definitely improved from last year.

South Florida at Auburn (-6.5): Auburn (C). Auburn struggled last week and will not be as good as you're used to, but they are good enough to beat a good South Florida team. South Florida's QB, Matt Grothe, is fun to watch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you say that state's defense is as good as advertised here, but a few posts down you say they aren't?

"State also returns much of its defense, who some pretend is good"

Spedale Castro said...

Because I made that statement before seeing them play. Now that I have, I believe they are as good as State fans kept saying they were.