Monday, November 12, 2007

Van Chancellor Would Like to Know If You Want to See Some Cool Magic Tricks



I was at the LA Tech @ LSU football game on Saturday when new LSU women's basketball coach, Van Chancellor had a message for the football fans. I'm sure the message was something about how they should come out and see the Lady Tigers...yada, yada, yada, and I know that he is one of the best women's basketball coaches ever and will probably bring LSU that women's basketball championship they so desperately seek, but all I could think about was that Van Chancellor looks like one of those goofy old men that can do some cool magic tricks. No doubt that in the fist tough game of the season coming down to the wire when Van Chancellor's laissez faire attitude is less appreciated, Assistant Coach Bob Starkey (who struggles to even tell a funny joke) will turn to Van Chancellor and ask if they should switch from a zone defense to man-to-man. Van Chancellor will answer Starkey's question with a question and ask "What's that behind your ear?" It will of course be a quarter and LSU will remain in a zone.

I'm not saying Van Chancellor can do David Blaine or Criss Angel type magic or even David Copperfield-hey I'm already being accused of rape, could you give me a break on the $2.2 million dollars I owe to promoters for canceled shows-type of magic. If he could, he'd be a magician, his dream career, and not a lowely women's backetball coach for the #5 team in the country. I'm just saying that Van Chancellor can pull a rabbit out of a hat and knows his way around a handkerchief.