Monday, November 12, 2007

You Can Hate Time Tebow if You Want to

But I love him. Love, love, love him. I followed him in high school and never really thought LSU had a shot at him, so I tried to hate him once he committed to Florida and said he was overrated. He wasn't. He holds the record for passing yards in Florida. A lot of quarterbacks have come out of that state. And this was after he played linebacker his freshman year. Then he went to Florida and came in and helped them win the national championship. I knew about halfway through last season that he was going to be good for them this year. I watched him early and figured he couldn't keep up the physical runs in the SEC. He couldn't, and it cost them the Georgia game, but he is most certainly their best run option. If you've seen their running back, Moore, play, then you know this to be true. The guy loves to fumble as much as I love Tim Tebow.

Then I went and saw Tim Tebow play live. Wow. that guy is 10 times better live than on TV and is the #1 reason I will be making the trip to Gainsville next year. Do yourself a favor and go see him play before he leaves for the NFL. The number one thing I kept thinking after the LSU Florida game was that it was the best game I have ever seen live. The second was how good Tim Tebow is. I have seen Darren McFadden play live twice and I think Tebow is the best offensive player in college football if not the best overall (Dorsey is my current #1).

So Tebow is healthy again and only ran for 5 freaking touchdowns against South Carolina and threw for 2 more. 7 tocudowns in one game! That means he holds the SEC record for rushing touchdowns in a game and now owns the record for most rushing touchdowns by a Florida Gator in a season. #2? Some scrub named Emmitt Smith.

Hate him if you want, but I love him. I hate Florida (although now I believe it is more of a respect rivalry and less of a hate rivalry), but I love watching Tebow play. That is all for my male-man love rant.

2 comments:

afinewagoneer said...

haha, you've got a man-crush.

Spedale Castro said...

Your comments are meant as an insult, but whenever I hear a reference to a pearl necklace I get ZZ Top in my head. And I love having ZZ Top in my head.